Monday, May 17, 2010

THANK YOU

A few thank you’s for not just reading but for helping me the last two years.
I owe Nathan my life. That is all I can say. I would not have made it without you. You are the most incredible human being ever put on this planet. My family for all of the phone calls, cards, books, advice…. but most importantly LOVE. Kerry you were amazing with all of your gifts and words, I will forever be sorry I lobstered out on your big day. Mom, well, when I did open up it was to you, so thanks for being there. My boys Lance and Chris who made sure no matter what that I was safe and laughing. You guys are the best ‘brothers’ I could have ever had. My girlfriends…..I love you more than anything. I do know what true friendship is and I only hope I have been as good to you as you to me. Talia, you’re the only one who has never seen the picture of my hands. I remember at Christmas when I was showing your family and you turned down a look and someone asked why, your response…’I never want to see what caused my best friend that much pain’ I can’t. Kim, you made me laugh and feel sunshine at my lowest point with my hands. Even though I was a gimp, you came over, cleaned, did laundry and danced just to see me smile. Haley and Maria for listening to me endlessly cry when I allowed myself too. Michelle, I love you, I want to be you, I want to date you, I love you. Andi, you came into my life at the perfect time. We are soul mates. Jon, for making my heart beat again when I thought it was dead. Thanks for being the best distraction a girl could ever have. Ruslan, for all the pickups, hugs and pep talks. For Keaton who will be my ultimate ray of sunshine till the day I pass on. If I ever feel anything unhappy I know I can think of your sweet face and feel instantly amazing. All the salon girls, thanks for putting up with me. Rana, every single day I miss seeing you at the chair next to me. I am so thankful for the ten years we stood next to each other. Will, I would marry you tomorrow and not just because you love Madonna as much as me, but because you are the best listener that has ever entered my life. To all of my new Tennessee friends, thank you for welcoming me. I apologize now for the future attacks I may have in front of ya. Tim, I wrote a whole blog about you and could probably write 8 more on how incredible you make me feel.
I have to take a brief moment to thank my two best and most incredible friends. My pugs. Dita and Dexter I swear…..I would be a miserable, angry lost soul without you two. My little smoosh face soul mates. Thank you for always loving me no matter how crazy I became!
There is one person that I can’t even begin to say thank you to because it doesn’t seem like enough. In fact those words seem silly for how much I owe you. When everyone else saw me cry, saw me sick and saw me lose it, they got to leave, they got to breath, and they got to go home. You Kara are my home and you never left. I cannot express (and am so sorry I never have) how much comfort I had during this whole mess knowing you were right down the hallway. And all the times I walked in the door with more bad news, you listened, you cared and you never left me. I love you and am proud to call you my best friend.
Thank you to everyone who read these blogs. I hope I helped you see a different side of food allergies. And I hope the next time you meet someone with one you will feel a bit closer to them. Thank you to everyone for all of your kind words and I hope all of my entries were not too depressing. I promise, this is the end, the week is over and I have fully enjoyed sharing my story. Thank you all so much for sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment